Blackheads are formed when excessive oil on the face clogs the pores.
These open clogged pores react with oxygen and turn black, leaving annoying little black dots on the skin.
Fortunately, there are multiple ways to get rid of blackheads without using expensive products or paying hundreds of dollars to a beautician.
Scroll down to take a look at some of the most effective blackhead remover DIYs masks that you can try out today!
Table of Contents
1. Milk And Gelatin Mask
This is a basic blackhead mask that can give you smooth and spotless skin with regular use.
This mask is very gentle on the skin, which is why it is highly recommended for acne-prone skin.
The milk in the mask also works to moisturize the skin to keep it soft and supple.
Take a look at you can prepare and use this amazing milk and gelatin mask in just a few steps.
- Gelatin powder
- Pour 2 tablespoons of milk in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat the milk for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Add 1 tablespoon of gelatin powder in hot milk and mix thoroughly until it dissolves completely.
- Let the mixture cool for a few minutes before applying to the face.
- The mask will stick to the face as it dries. Let it rest on the face for about 10 minutes.
- Peel off the mask slowly to get soft and blackhead-free skin.
For best results, use the mask regularly. 2 -3 times a day should be enough to keep your skin soft, glowing, and free of blackheads.
2. Charcoal Face Mask
The charcoal facemask is known to provide quick and effective results, which is why it can be your go-to blackhead remover DIY solution.
Due to the superior cleaning and dirt absorbing qualities of activated charcoal, this mask works wonderfully for even the most stubborn blackheads.
The only problem is that you may have to purchase the ingredients as most people don’t keep them around in the house.
Scroll down to learn how you can prepare and use this super-awesome DIY mask to get rid of blackheads in one go!
- Bentonite clay
- Activated charcoal powder
- Pour a teaspoon of water into a bowl and add 1 teaspoon of activated charcoal in it. Use a spoon or stirrer to mix thoroughly.
- Now, measure the same quantity of bentonite clay and add it to the mixture before mixing some more.
- The mixture should form a thick paste. You can control the consistency of the paste by changing the amount of water that you add.
- Apply the mixture to your face and leave it to dry for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Use warm water to wash the mask off your face and notice instant results.
While the mask works wonderfully when it comes to removing blackheads, make sure you don’t overuse it as activated charcoal can strip off the skin of its natural moisture.
Applying this charcoal face mask once a week should do the trick. Also, don’t forget to follow up with a moisturizer.
3. Egg Whites And Lemon Mask
Egg whites can work wonders to remove blackheads.
They work by absorbing excess oil from the skin and also have skin tightening effects that help your skin look young and healthy.
On the other hand, lemon juice is a powerful antioxidant. It has loads of vitamin C and has an astringent effect on the skin.
This helps in clearing up the skin. Let’s take a look at how you can make and use this amazing blackhead remover DIY mask.
- Remove yolk from egg white and separate it in a bowl.
- Dilute the egg whites by adding a teaspoon of water.
- Whisk it for a few seconds before adding a lemon juice of half a lemon.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly. Your blackhead face mask is ready!
- Now, use a face brush to apply the liquid mask on your face, focusing on areas that are heavily affected by blackheads. Avoid applying near eyes and eyebrows.
- Once you applied the mask on the skin, cover the area with a thin piece of tissue paper.
- Use the face brush to apply some mixture on the layer of tissue paper on your face and cover it with another layer.
- In the same way, create at least 2 -3 layers of tissue papers. Make sure that it touches your skin.
- Let it sit on your face for around 10 minutes until all the layers are hard and dry.
- Slowly peel all the layers simultaneously before rinsing your face with cold water.
You can use this mask as often as 2 -3 times a week. For best results, make sure you follow with a moisturizer to keep your skin soft and hydrated.
It is advisable to do a test patch before using this mask for bigger portions on the face.
Most people use this mask to cover the face in patches instead of applying it all over the face at once.
It is best to start with the nose and then move towards the forehead or the chin area.
Additional Tips For Blackhead Prevention And Removal
Here are a few tips to prevent and remove blackhead safely.
- Avoid using rich creams that may contain pore-clogging materials. Instead, opt for skincare products in liquid or gel forms.
- Skin irritants like menthol, alcohol, and eucalyptus can lead to blackheads. If your skin is prone to blackheads, avoid using products that contain these ingredients.
- Regularly exfoliating your skin can also help with blackheads.
- Avoid using any sharp tools to remove blackheads as they can lead to skin irritation and even scarring.
Now that you know how to prepare and use these top three blackhead remover DIY masks at home, the flawless, blackhead-free skin is just a few steps away!
This account is run by a team of writers, researches, and more who simply love contributing to the site.