Pores are tiny openings in the skin that allow the skin to breathe and stay healthy. So, whether you love them or hate them, you cannot get rid of pores for good.
Plus, your genes also play a major role in determining the size of your pores.
However, while you may not be able to get rid of pores altogether, there are multiple ways to minimize them.
The good news is that you can now shrink your pores and achieve the flawless skin of your dreams without spending a fortune on expensive skincare products that claim to “eliminate” pores.
All you need to do is try some amazing pore minimizing remedies!
Scroll down to read about how to shrink pores through DIYs to get your pores to their smaller, pre-stretched state.
1. Get The Ice Pack Out!
Those ice cubes in your freezer are your best bet if you are looking for a quick, temporary solution to shrink those large and wide pores.
Rubbing ice cubes on the pores can tighten the pores temporarily, which is why most people opt for this before applying makeup on the face to create a flawless look.
Make sure you don’t rub ice cubes directly on the skin. Instead, bundle them up in a clean, soft cloth and rub it all over your face.
Rub the washcloth gently over the skin in a circular motion for a few minutes.
For best results, repeat the process every morning when you wake up or every night before you hit the bed.
This DIY can be a lot of fun on hot summer days and will also help soothe your skin.
However, keep in mind that this is a temporary solution, which is why it is important to go deeper to clean and shrink your pores for more lasting effects.
2. Try The Amazing Egg And Lemon Mask
This extraordinary remedy works to shrink the pores in two steps.
Firstly, it removes blackheads and unclogs the pores, which allows them to return to their original, non-stretched size.
Secondly, the egg whites work to tighten the pores. The best part is that this egg mask is easy to make and use.
All you need is some egg whites, a few drops of lemon, and a bunch of tissue papers. Here’s how you can try this amazing DIY at home:
- Take a medium-sized egg and separate egg whites in a bowl.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon juice in the bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Now, use a face brush to apply the mixture to the affected areas. Make sure that your face is clean and dry before you apply the mix.
- Now, cut a small piece of tissue paper and place it over the affected area.
- Let it sit for a minute or two before applying another layer of the mixture in the same place, over the tissue paper.
- Cover it again with a new piece of tissue paper.
- Repeat the process until you have at least 3-5 layers of tissue paper on the skin.
- Let it rest on the face until it is completely dry. As the tissue dries up, it will tighten over the pores and harden.
- Once the patch is dry, peel it off slowly.
This is an ideal way to clean your pores. It is important to understand that the key to minimizing those wide and annoying pores is to keep them unclogged and clean.
Repeating this process every week will help you achieve your goal.
Once your pores are no longer clogged and stretched with all the gunk, they will eventually shrink on their own, giving you beautiful flawless skin.
This mask is also an ideal remedy to get rid of blackheads.
3. Use Tomato Juice
Tomatoes are not only delicious but also possess astringent qualities that can help you shrink the size of your pores. All you need is some fresh and juicy tomatoes!
There are multiples ways to use tomatoes when it comes to skincare. Let’s take a look at a few of them.
- Cut a tomato into large chunks and rub the pieces on your face in a circular motion for about 10 minutes. Make sure you cover all parts of the face, concentrating on areas with wide or clogged pores. Leave it on for about 15-20 minutes before rinsing the face with cold water. It will not only reduce the appearance of pores,but it will also help rejuvenate dull skin, resulting in glowing skin.
- Strain one tomato and one cucumber and mix the juice in a spray bottle. Keep it handy and spray the juice on your face every time you get home. This will keep the dirt and debris from setting into your pores and the natural lycopene present in the juice will keep your skin soft, supple, and younger-looking. You can store the mixture in the fridge for about four days.
- Make your own tomato scrub at home to cleanse the pores and exfoliate the skin. You will need 2 tomatoes, two ice cubes, 2 lemons, and around 4 -5 tablespoons of sugar. Blend the fruits and ice in the blender before adding sugar in the mix. Apply the mixture on your face and rub gently for a few minutes to exfoliate the skin and reduce the overall size of the pores. It is advisable to use this tomato scrub twice a week for best results.
Now that you know how to shrink pores with DIYs, nothing’s stopping you from getting the smooth and flawless skin of your dreams.
Try these amazing hacks today to see the results in no time!
This account is run by a team of writers, researches, and more who simply love contributing to the site.