Your holiday dinner may have been delicious, causing you to overeat, but that can quickly turn into a nightmare.
Indigestion, gassiness and bloating are a common cause of overeating and can make you regret all those extra helpings.
However, some people who eat moderately still suffer from bloating regularly. The discomfort caused by bloating can be debilitating.
But don’t worry, you can take action to stop the pain you are experiencing.
There are several bloating home remedies that can help you get rid of the discomfort of this condition and effectively resolve the issue.
You don’t have to let this annoying condition take over your life.
Let’s explore a few home remedies that can get you some relief and will eliminate the discomfort that bloating can cause.
Table of Contents
This is surely great news for all tea lovers. You can’t start the day with your daily fix of caffeine, but changing the recipe a bit can help cure your bloating.
You can choose your preferred tea from a few options and experience great results.
One of the best bloating home remedies is ginger tea. It can help control the excessive flatulence that often comes along with bloating.
Ginger is known for its gingerol and shogaols content, which play an important role in relaxing the intestinal muscles.
Apart from their soothing properties, the elements also help contain and prevent the production of bad bacteria in your colon.
So, all in all, ginger is a great remedy to get rid of bloating, and adding it to tea just increases the benefits tenfold.
How to make ginger tea:
- Peel and cut a piece of fresh ginger
- Add 1 tsp honey and 1 tsp lemon juice to the cup
- Add hot water and leave it steep for 15 minutes
- Follow this remedy at least twice daily for the best results.
Another tea that makes the list is chamomile tea.
It offers some of the same benefits as ginger tea, but it’s also effective at relieving the pain and discomfort of menstrual cramps, heartburn, and joint pain.
If you are looking for the best bloating home remedies that provide instant relief, chamomile tea is the best option for you.
How to make chamomile tea:
- Add chamomile flowers or tea bag into a cup of hot water
- Let it steep for 15 minutes and then remove the teabag or flowers
- If you like, you can also add lemon or honey to the chamomile tea for taste
- Follow this remedy at least three times a day, between meals, to get the best results.
The last tea on our list is the caraway seed tea.
It is known for its soothing properties that help to relax your digestive tract and help to easily get rid of excessive flatulence.
The seeds help to expel gas, which relieves the symptoms of bloating, providing you instant relief.
How to make caraway tea:
- Crush 2 tsp of caraway seeds
- Pour hot water in a cup and add the crushed seeds
- Let it steep for 15 minutes and then strain the seeds
- Follow the remedy twice after meals for instant relief
- You can also chew caraway seeds with your food to get rid of bloating
Apple Cider Vinegar
If you need a remedy that’s effective and provides instant relief, then apple cider vinegar is right up your alley.
It is the perfect digestive cleanser and can help treat indigestion. That’s the reason it is included in the list of the best bloating home remedies.
How to use apple cider vinegar:
- Add 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to a glass of lukewarm water and drink it
- Follow the remedy on an empty stomach at least three times a day for best results
These oils are just what you need to break the cycle of pain and take control over your life again.
Essential oils have numerous properties that can ease the pain and discomfort of bloating to provide instant relief.
Besides having anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, they also have antioxidants that help reduce bloating.
Fennel Essential Oil
Fennel essential oil is one of the best essential oils to ease the symptoms of bloating.
It has antispasmodic and diuretic properties that not only help to relax the intestinal muscles but also relieve gas.
How to use fennel essential oil:
- Mix a few drops of fennel essential oil with 2 tbsp of almond or coconut oil
- Massage your abdomen gently with the mixture and do it daily for best results
Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint essential oil also has antispasmodic effects that can help relax intestinal muscles. You can get all these benefits with just external applications.
How to use peppermint essential oil:
- Mix a few drops of peppermint essential oil with 2 tbsp of your favorite carrier oil
- Gently rub your abdomen with the mixture at least twice daily to get instant relief.
Bergamot Essential Oil
Another essential oil that has made the list is Bergamot essential oil.
The best part about it is that you can use it to massage your bloating away or add it to your black tea for great results.
How to use bergamot essential oil:
- Massage your abdomen with few drops of bergamot essential oil
- Follow the remedy twice a day to get relief from abdominal discomfort
- You can also add a few drops of bergamot essential oil to your black tea.
These were some bloating home remedies that actually work and can help you conquer the discomfort.
So, take advantage of them and live a life that’s not controlled by pain anymore!
This account is run by a team of writers, researches, and more who simply love contributing to the site.